Adele Hall’s professional life is defined by three very different, but significant areas:
- The first chapter of her career (spanning approximately 13 years) she operated in the accounting field, holding various positions and while working in this field, completed a BCompt degree majoring in Accounting and Auditing. Her defining role came in Hannover Re where she led a large team whom were responsible for the implementation of incredible systems and delivery of unprecedented results. This is where she learnt about processes, being focused, delivering to deadlines, travelling internationally, people management, and unlocking the best in people.
- The second chapter (spanning approximately 11 years) – brought about a complete change in career. She spent these wonderful years travelling the world and learning all about personal and interpersonal leadership as well as organisational development, this from the best in the world.
- Adele is now intimately involved in the world of transformation within various organisations using the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Codes as the main driver. Positions she has held in this space are Director responsible for Transformation at UTi (now DSV), the Vice President and Head of Transformation at Saab Grintek Defence, and currently, she is a shareholder and Director at No Ordinary Corporation (NOC). These have been exciting and liberating years for Adele, engaging with organizations in meaningful and deliberate ways to bring about real transformation.
CURRENT BOARD AND TRUSTEE POSITIONS:
- Alcon Marepha (Pty) Ltd – A cable and conductor manufacturer (Generic 100% Black Owned entity): Non-Executive Chairperson. I have held a Non-Executive role in this incredible organization for the past 16 years.
- YeboYethu Limited – A public company incorporated for the specific purpose of acquiring an interest in Vodacom Group: Non-Executive Director. I have held this role since May 2013.
- Erah Signs (Pty) Ltd – A 100% Black majority woman owned signage company: Non-Executive Director. I have held this role for approximately 3 years.
- No Ordinary Corporation (Pty) Ltd – A consulting firm providing people and business solutions to various industries focusing on Transformation and Human Capital solutions (BEE Level 2, 51% Black Female Owned): Executive Director. My business partner and I started this company in 2016.
- The National Burn Association of South Africa – This is a non-profit organization that focuses on the rehabilitation of burn survivors, assisting them to reintegrate into the economy. I have been a Director with NBASA for approximately 6 years.
- The SA Music Competition Trust – One of my great loves is choral singing. This Trust’s purpose is to unite and rehabilitate communities through singing. I am a founding member of the Trust, established 5 years ago.
Interesting fact: Adele LOVES to sing. She feels she was born to sing. She sings in 3 choral choirs, is in the leadership on one, and participates in mass choir productions, uniting communities through song. She’s been singing in church choirs since the age of 8.